Volunteer Blogger Team Editor - Apply now!
Are you passionate about online communications, as well as achieving gender equality? Then this is for you!
Country to Canberra is looking for a motivated Blogger Team Editor, who can help manage our team of 20 young teenage writers, dispersed across Australia. This is a fantastic opportunity to build your skills and resume for a great career in journalism/marketing, as well as contribute to a great cause.
As the volunteer Blogger Team Editor, you will be passionate about women’s empowerment and rural affairs. You’ll love mentoring a group of young women, posting in their online Facebook group to provide motivation and ideas for content. You’ll also love editing blog posts, be thoughtful about providing constructive feedback and be available to help the girls on a consistent basis.
This is an opportunity for a driven professional, graduate, or university student, who is eager to expand their experience with an award-winning, fast-growing organisation.
To be successful, you’ll need to tick the following boxes:
- Be able to commit around 5 hours per week;
- Command strong writing skills to edit our teen blogger posts;
- Be responsible, self-motivated and think strategically about the impact of online posts;
- Be energetic and love motivating young Bloggers, in their online Facebook Group and over email;
- Have good judgement, to be able to guide Bloggers about what is/isn’t appropriate for posting online;
- Have amazing attention to detail with a brilliant command of the English language;
- Work hand-in-hand with our the Blogger Team Director, about strategy and operations for the Blogger Team;
- Have previous experience or have a proven interest in the communications/PR industry;
- Have a working with vulnerable people card/check (valid in your state/territory).
To apply, all you simply have to do is provide the following by 15 February 2017:
- Send your resume (max 2 pages) to email@example.com, which includes 2 referees;
- A super short cover letter that outlines why you want to volunteer for Country to Canberra;
- Include any links to social media accounts, blogs or other evidence that back up your application.
If you have any questions, feel free to send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0418 135 989 – we’re happy to help. Please note: you can be located anywhere in Australia.
Good luck! #C2CGirlsLead