The 2015 Essay Competition has closed. Winners will be announced on 13 October 2015.
Are you a Future Female Leader? Want to win a ‘Power Trip’? Enter our 2015 Essay Competition!
Our 2015 Competition is here! The winners score an amazing, all-expenses paid ‘Power Trip’ prize to Canberra to meet powerful politicians and executives, attend exclusive events and tour Parliament. They also win online mentorship sessions to take their leadership skills to the next level.
Plus, the top 15 essays will be published on our website to show-off our finalists’ talents on a national scale!
Oh, and did we mention that we’re guaranteeing a winner from EVERY state and territory, massively boosting your chance of winning?!
How to enter
Just submit a short, 500-word essay, blog post or story on the following question:
If you were Prime Minister for a day, what would you do to help achieve gender equality? Think locally and nationally!
The competition opens on Tuesday, 21 July 2015 and closes at 11PM AEST Thursday 10 September 2015.
Who can enter?
To enter you must be:
- A Year 10 or 11 female student and
- Go to school in a rural, regional or remote area.
We’re guaranteeing a winner from EACH state and territory* who will receive:
- An amazing all-expenses paid ‘Power Trip’ to Canberra
- In 2014, our winners met Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, Assistant Health Minister Fiona Nash, then-ACT Chief Minister Katy Gallagher and more!
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Parliament House and the War Memorial.
- 6 online mentorship sessions with university students to build leadership skills.
- Plus, the top 15 finalists get their essays published online.
- Learn more about the phenomenal prize here.
At Country to Canberra, we want to be as fair as possible! For our 2015 competition, we’ll be assessing the essays using a set marking criteria and selection process. Shortlisted essays will be sent to a panel to select the Top 15 Finalists and winners!
Before writing, we recommend that you check out the marking criteria and selection process here: Selection Process 2015
Download the competition flyer here: Download.
- *ACT excluded.